Monday, February 7, 2022

Mostly Prepping So I Can Stitch


Most of the past week was spent prepping projects rather than actual stitching, so there is very little to record. 

 

 


I decided to use up the remaining fabric I had on hand for potholders, and get it out of the stash.  I also have a little heat resistant interfacing left so I will probably make a few more of a different design later this year.

 

 


Part of my pepping was for the paper-pieced house blocks I started week before last.  I managed to get two stitched up.  I’m gradually getting faster at cutting the units, so hopefully the pace will pick up on these.

 


We had quite a cool down last week.  It involved two icy days and the town we live in basically shut down.  Fortunately, the Texas power grid held up much better than it did in the big freeze of February 2021.

 



I continue to struggle with keeping a tidy desk.  So, in the interest of accountability, here are the most current before and after photos including a photo bomb by Maddie.  I need to turn the Rumba loose to vacuum the carpet.

  

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word 

Acceptance looks like a passive state, but in reality, it brings something entirely new into this world.  That peace, a subtle energy vibration, is consciousness. –Eckhart Tolle

 


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad you didn't have the massive power outage that happened last year - love your houses

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

We did not get the ice but it was cold. Your desk is looking great! I never made the Studio yesterday, but Sunday it became a mess, so this afternoon I need to finish the quilt I am working on and straighten it up. I am trying TRYING to work on one pieced project at a time. Hard to do with so many to want to do. Glad we did not have the problems from last year. Guess that problem is resolved. Have a great week.