Tuesday, February 15, 2022

More Potholders and Double Four-Patches


I ran out of day before I got a blog post drafted and published yesterday.  So, here is my almost weekly update.  My collection of house blocks and double four-patches continues to grow. 

 


I also managed to finish the potholders I had prepped for the guild’s 2023 boutique.  That was a real relief.  This project made me a believer in glue basting and marking pens that disappear with heat.




 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before.  You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.—Elizabeth Edwards

 


1 comment:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your 4 patches are looking great. Love the houses. I made 1 house quilt and gave the blocks away. There is an art to making them without paper piecing. Summer tomorrow, winter Wednesday through the rest of the week. Crazy weather. Think it was like this in 2017. Hugs