Wednesday, March 16, 2022

South Texas


We spent last week in far South Texas with our winter Texan family.  I had more down time than I thought I would and managed to do some piecing on my double-four patch project.



I was even able to have a relatively comfortable place for my Featherweight at the hotel.  I love that little machine.

 


At other times I worked on hand piecing my hexagon quilt.  It’s coming along.  



I’ve started adding borders of neutral hexagons prior to a red print outer border.

 


A highlight of the week was a visit to the Gelman Stained Glass Museum in San Juan, Texas.  It opened in December and is spectacular.  Tours are by appointment only, and we managed to hook up with a group of 14.

 


The guys enjoyed pinochle, lots and lots of pinochle.  Good thing I had sewing projects. 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Truth never pleads or compromises or wavers.  It invites and awaits your acceptance. –Vernon Howard

 


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow love that stain glass! nice you were able to see it. Also nice to have a small spot to sew when you want when traveling

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Both of the quilts are looking so good! The Featherweight machine is a love to work with - especially when traveling!
The Glass Windows are beautiful. Glad you had a nice get away! We are supposed to get rain tomorrow afternoon. Let’s keep our fingers crossed! So dry here! Hugs