Monday, April 4, 2022

A Welcome Visitor and an Unwelcome One as Well


One of Bob’s brothers was passing through town this weekend and I used the opportunity to gift away two quilts, one for him…

 


…and one for his wife.

 


While I was taking quilts out for him to choose, a few flecks of paper fell out of a pillowcase one quilt was stored in.  Included in that pillowcase was a registration form from when I had the quilt hung in a local show several years ago.  I didn’t think much about it until later when Bob yelled, “We have a mouse!”


 

It was then I had one of those light bulb moments and went back to look at the paper.  Yup!  It had been chewed on, and when I examined the pillowcase, I saw a small hole.  Thankfully, Bob’s brother did not choose that quilt nor did I find evidence that the mouse had chewed on the quilt itself.

We recently caught two mice in the garage, but apparently at least one made it into the house.  I guess my dogs have adopted it as a pet, because they certainly did not alert us.  They are totally useless as mousers.  Remember the movie “Mouse Hunt”?  I hope this doesn’t turn into that kind of debacle.  Meanwhile, I’ll be pulling quilts off that shelf to check for further damage while Bob sets traps.


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is so much fun to let someone choose their quilt from the ones shown. I do that a lot and am sometimes surprised which ones they choose.

O'Quilts said...

Ditto what Wanda said...and a mouse??? OMG
I told our exterminator that we had mice in my bedroom...Nooo he said!! No mouse is going to bypass the kitchen to go up to where the cats sleep;. The cats are bringing them up to you as a present...Jeeze Louize xo

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Nice gifts, I do not do mice! LOL, IN fact Clay always laughs at me because we live in the country and I hate bugs of any kind and especially snakes! You probably already have the cool front - don’t let the wind blow you away. It is moving in our area now. Hoping that you did not find a problem in your quilt stash! Hugs