Saturday, April 30, 2022

Getting There




The hand piecing on my hexagon quilt is finally finished.  I hope some fabric I purchased at a going out of business sale last year will work as an outer border.  The search for it begins, and I also need to decide how to apply the border.

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

Happiness is not dependent on circumstances being exactly as we want them to be, or on ourselves being exactly as we’d like to be.  Rather, happiness stems from loving ourselves and our lives exactly as they are, knowing that joy and pain, strength and weakness, glory and failure are all essential to the full human experience. –Kristin Neff


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

do you intend to cut the the sides straight - it does make it easier to apply the border

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Lots of hours of work on this quilt. It turned out beautiful. Cannot wait to see the border. I love the saying for this post! So very very true. Hugs

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think this is the first time I have seen a hexie quilt in the zig zag pattern and I love it. In the early 1980s I finished a hexagon quilt for a friend and I laid the edge over the border strips and appliqued it on to preserve the irregular edge.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post