Sunday, April 17, 2022

Checking In


I’ve been pretty preoccupied with some of my husband’s health issues the last few weeks and haven’t felt much like sitting at the keyboard and composing a post.  I have been sewing though, for my sanity.


 

The only quilt related photo I have ready is this snapshot of my design wall where my double four
patch project is pinned.  I probably have enough of the white fabric to add another row and I started playing with borders made from dark four patches.  I think I will go with that idea, but need to sew more four patches.

 

During Removal

Sadly, we had to have a tree removed from our yard last week.  It was a lacy bark elm that had been there more than 15 years and was truly lovely when it was healthy.  The exceptionally cold winter two years ago really knocked it back and this year it never leafed out.  We had a plant biologist look at it last year and he treated it for carpenter ants and borers.  I guess it was just too far gone to recover.  The guys we contracted for its removal did a really good job and now Bob and I are considering whether to plant a replacement. 

 

After Removal

 

 Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

 


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes we have to cut the trees down for various reasons and then the year looks so empty! we have had to do that too and it sure takes awhile to get another to the same stage of growth. Hope your husband will be ok

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Mary I pray that hubby is doing OK. It is hard to let the trees go - when we had the 40 cut down I hated to see what shade was there, but now that we have replaced with zero scaling and a new road from the barn to the garage, it is great for my morning walk. A new tree would make it a lot better for you! Something to watch and grow. Have a good day! Hugs