Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Quilters Serving Their Community


Last weekend, we visited our daughter and grandsons in New Braunfels.  While the guys entertained themselves, Julia took me to her office to view the memory quilts they have hanging.  She works at a non-profit hospice and each year the New Braunfels guild makes a memory quilt from fabric donated by families of the deceased. I am not a member of this guild. At 1 1/2 hours away it is too far to be practical, but I know many of its members.



When quilts are donated, a sample bock for next year’s project is presented.



Many quilts were hung in positions where I could not get a picture, but here are some I managed to photograph.











Here is one of several child grief quilts made from blocks donated by children who lost someone dear to them.

 


 

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of ‘not knowing.’—Mark Z. Danielewski

 


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a neat idea!they are all very nice