Monday, September 19, 2022

A Finish



My latest hexagon project is now bound, labeled, done!  Someday I’ll find my notes that served as my roadmap in making this wall hanging, but I do remember there are more than 300 hexagons that measure 1/2 inch per side.  These are the smallest hexagons I have ever used.  The design was one I copied, with permission, by Carmen Maria.  Her Instagram address is https://www.instagram.com/laboresenelatico/.  



While this is my fourth hexagon project, I tried some different techniques.  Because I knew the exact pattern I was going to follow, I put it together in strips, rather than starting with rosette units.  I would lay each row out on my ironing surface and stick them to a strip of painter’s tape so they would stay in order as I pieced each row while “watching” tv with hubby.  I believe this was a more efficient approach, but it would only work for small quilts.  The little dab of tape on the end piece was to help me avoid adding a piece out of order.




In April I posted about the quilts made each year for Hope Hospice by the New Braunfels quilt guild.  Here is the quilt made for 2022.

  

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Wisdom…is knowing what you have to accept.--Wallace Stegner

 



1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I liked how you were doing your hexies in strips and decided to try that for my star triangles that I am making on my own hexie quilt right now - it is working out ok until I got to the middle of it LOL - now it is more awkward - I will continue on this one and then decide if I will continue on the next 5 in this same manner