Sunday, October 2, 2022

Temporary Change of Focus



Some time ago, I promised a friend that I would contribute some covered journals for the boutique at our guild’s quilt show in February.  Even though we still have a few months, I knew the pace of life was going to quicken as we approach the holidays, so I decided the time had come to start work on them.  Here are the 12 I have made so far.  Now, I feel like I can resume working on my other projects without feeling guilty.  I used Wanda’s tutorial at her blog, Exuberant Color. I’m relying on themed fabric rather than a lot of piecework.  One of the things I especially like about Wanda’s tutorial is that it calls for fusible fleece which gives the covers a nice substantial feel.

Meanwhile, I have really enjoyed the cooler temperatures we have had this past week even though there is none of the rain we so desperately need in the forecast.  We have been told that repairs need to be made to the dam that creates our water supply and the lake level will be lowered several feet for the next three months.  We are being asked to cut water usage for such things as lawn maintenance by 50%.  

 

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn’t even know existed. –Ricky Martin

 


No comments: