Sunday, October 16, 2022

New Handwork Project


We spent much of last week visiting family and friends in Dallas.  It was a good visit but I needed a new grab-and-go project for travel.  I will be working on another group applique project in the coming months, but that is a project that does not lend itself to bumpy car rides and dimly-lit hotel rooms.

 


Since I have a lot of red scraps, I decided to embark on yet another red and white quilt, this time English Paper Piecing thimble blocks.

 


Compared to my last hexagon project, these pieces are huge.  Dare I hope it might move along just a little faster and that the level of red scraps will shrink?  More and more I am having to be careful not to overtax my hands, but I am really enjoying my start.

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

The first thing a kindness deserves is acceptance, the second, transmission. –George McDonald

 


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This one shouldn't be as hard on your hands in the assembly stage with all straight seams, no twisting and turning to line up when sewing long rows. All of your red and white quilts have been so pretty so this one from the scraps should be too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that should be a great project to work on. It is hard to figure out at times what you can work on in a motel room - I bring a light that goes around my neck but actually didn't need it last time

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful colors... I wish you much success and joy with your new project.
Greetings from overseas to you.
Happy Sunday.
Viola