Friday, January 27, 2023

Log Cabin Blocks, Acorns and Geese




I have more than doubled the number of log cabin blocks since my last post about this project, and I’ve started de-papering the blocks so they will be easier to play with on the design wall.  These are so relaxing to make, I’m sure there will be many more before I either run out of fabric (not likely) or finally decide I have enough.  They finish at 4" and each log is about 1/2".



It seems two Egyptian geese have adopted our yard.  Bob thinks they are after the acorns that get crushed on our driveway.  Whatever the reason for their visits, they always make me chuckle with their clownish appearance.  They are very used to humans and are reluctant to leave if we get close.  Our neighbor has started calling them our guard geese.



The golf balls I collected while dealing with the dog poop recently weren’t as colorful as before, but there were more of them.  Strong winds and youth tournaments always make the number grow.  We have a galvanized bucket full in the garage.  You can see all the acorns the geese are after.  The squirrels have had a field day and I expect to be yanking lots of them out of the flower beds in the spring.




 

 


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I've never paper pieced log cabin blocks - do you find it easier to do that way? Those are special geese have never seen them before

Astrid said...

Great progress on the log cabin quilt, cute little blocks. I've never paperpieced log cabin blocks, but with the size you are making them, I think I'd do too. I've heard geese are great guards. Never seen those before. We always find golf balls whenever we walk next to a golf course.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

One of my friends made those little LC blocks with paper piecing too. I think she got 3 good size quilts out of all of the blocks she made one year.
I have never seen geese like those. Quite unique. I'm wondering if they are scared of your dog.