Saturday, April 1, 2023

Hello April, 2023


Last month, with its end of life arrangements for my half-sister, the annual trip to South Texas for a visit with hubby’s family and even a mouse in the house, took more out of me than I expected.

I hope I regain some energy this coming month.

Here are some of the 360 plus tumbler pieces I basted since my last post.  



Our South Texas trip offered me lots of basting time and this project continues to be my favorite one to work on during television time.  I should have more than enough basted tumblers to add 10 rows to the project.  And, when I had some downtime in the hotel, I set up my Featherweight and did some paper piecing on my log cabin project.



Here is the current status of my log cabin project.  It looks like the last picture I posted, but I promise it has grown.



Bluebonnets are really making a show right now.  I took this picture of them thriving in the cracks between concrete pavers to prove they really are weeds.  



Whenever I can smell their scent on the breeze, I consider it a good year.  2023 is a good Bluebonnet year.

Finally, one of the month's bright spots was the arrival of the package from Donna at Brynwood Needleworks.  She hosted giveaway for her 14th blog anniversary and I was one of the lucky winners!





2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always so nice to win a package isn't it. Sorry for the reason for the trip but hope there was at least some good visits

Estrella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.