Friday, April 28, 2023

So Many (Good) Options


Focus has always been hard for me.  I struggle to remember that I can choose any projects I like, but I can’t do them all.  Last week’s guild meeting was a case in point.  I could volunteer to work on the next donation quilt, make a quilt for the library service project, pick up kits for the anti-ouch pouch project, take a workshop for the cathedral widows block, make a mini quilt for the president’s challenge, or make a themed quilt (also a mini) for the county fair.  The last two could be combined but would have to be finished by early June in time for the fair. 

Meanwhile, the projects I’m already working on:


Log cabin quilt – my favorite mindless machine stitching project and one I’m really enjoying.


Group applique project – for the guild show in 2025.  Very challenging, but I’m learning a lot.


Thimble/tumbler quilt – my travel and “watching TV with Hubby” handwork project.


Red and white hexagon quilt--currently on my quilter.  The end is almost in sight.

Finally, I decided to only take on one paper-pieced block for the donation quilt and focus on projects already underway.  Maybe the president’s challenge quilt due in November is still a possibility, depending on how much I get done...

 


A pretty mix of colors from a neighbor’s wildflower patch.


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The older you get the easier it is to say no to lots of obligations. You have some nice quilts in progress at your house.

Angie in SoCal said...

Lovely quilts - those log cabins are luscious. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Quilting is so soothing. Blessings,