Monday, June 12, 2023

A Small Finish


It took far more effort than I expected, but my foundation pieced block assignment for the guild’s donation quilt is finally finished.  I already had my workstation set up for paper piecing and expected to make short work of this.  I had forgotten, however, how challenging paper piecing triangle shapes are for me.  I finally had it done and up on the design wall for a picture….

 


…Wait, that’s not right!  The only comfort was, the mistake was in the instructions and not my work.  Fortunately it was where I could get to it and correct it.

  



…much better.  The block is called Crown of Thorns and we were instructed to leave the paper in and not to do the final trim.

 Our thermometer registered 102 degrees yesterday and despite what the graphic below shows, will probably reach 100 degrees again today.  At 1:30 we are already at 97.9 degrees.  The rest of the week looks pretty hot too.



We are expecting company for Father’s Day, so I am in house-cleaning mode this week. 


2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow that is a pretty block! I love the fabrics you used. I didn't notice the "error" until you mentioned it - lol!
We had rain this morning and the temp dropped to 65 by 11:30am! More rain might be on the way, but they are predicting heat the rest of the week. Guess summer is here whether we like it or not. I like the storms but not the heat, so I'm already pining for October. ;)
Good luck with your cleaning.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOl I didn't notice the mistake and overlooked what you said as I was skimming through and saw Linda's comment - sorry about that heat - we are to get into the 90's next week