Monday, May 29, 2023

Girls' Day Out


I love a good quilt show, and the one in Kerrville last weekend was a lot of fun.  When I was offered the opportunity to join two friends for the outing, I jumped at the chance.

  


This was the Best of Show winner by Carole Pinkham.  I’ve seen photographs of other versions of this pattern, but this was the first one I could see in person. 


Carole’s statement:



 

 I notice that her quilt had sold.  If I ever completed such a masterpiece, I doubt I would be able to part with it.

 Of course, any trip to Kerrville mandates a stop at Creations Quilt Shop.  Even though we got there only half an hour before closing, I managed to find a few things.



2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm amazed that she sold her quilt after spending that many hours working on it. I have seen several versions over the years since I saw the first one being made in Germany. I collected the pattern for awhile and was going to make it as she had the pattern available on her website for awhile but I then started to see quite a few and decided I wanted something that not quite so many were duplicating. 3/8th inch hexies are so small - mine is 7/8" bigger! easier to hold on to

Linda said...

Wow on that quilt. I love her statement about it. I can't imagine that kind of dedication to a quilt. Wonder what she sold it for - it's really priceless.