Friday, May 26, 2023

Home Again


Last Sunday we returned from a two-week trip to Navarre Beach, Florida.  The only stitching I did was a couple more rows to be added to my thimble/tumbler quilt.  Here is a picture of where it stands now.   I need to add to my inventory of prepped units because I’m having difficulty with fabric repetitions.  I have 20 rows of 13 units each.

 


The trip was very nice, but the drive, even divided into two-day shifts, is more than I think we will want to attempt in the future.  Our condo was perfect.  We were on the 17th floor overlooking the beach.  My happy place was on the balcony enjoying the sound of the surf with a book.

 


We saw some spectacular sunsets…

 


…and some sea critters.

 


The second week Julia and one of her friends joined us and that certainly added to the energy level.  Ice cream, pizza, chocolate, and fried shrimp may have been involved.  So far, I’ve managed to shed 2 of the pounds I gained and I’m working on the rest…

 One night the fire alarms went off and I began to have serious misgivings about our 17th floor unit when the ladder truck showed up.  Fortunately, it proved to be a false alarm and we never had to evacuate.  Good thing, especially since I seriously doubt either Bob or I could have made it down that many flights of steps.

 The trip was fun.  I’m happy to be home.




2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is easier to get down the flights of steps then up - but I know what you mean - legs would be wobbly by time you got down. I love sitting on balcony's too. I think we rarely drive more than 8 hours a day anymore - I'd rather take an extra day - I get too tired in the car.

Linda said...

You and your hubby are so cute! How neat that you got to enjoy the view off that balcony, and I'm glad the fire turned out to be a false alarm!
I would be happiest sitting on the balcony too, much happier than on the beach. I see that Navarre Beach is about 25 miles from Destin, where my son and family go every summer. That is definitely a pretty area. They drive too, but they don't seem to mind. I don't have the energy - lol!
As you can see, I'm catching up on your blog posts. I need to subscribe so I don't miss your posts.