Friday, May 19, 2023

A Splurge for a New Tool


I delayed purchasing this Lap App for a long time, but after trying out a friend’s and getting glowing comments from other friends, I made the leap.  It is pricier than I would normally have spent, but I have found it makes doing handwork much more comfortable. Usually, I have put a pillow in my lap in order to raise my work surface and rest my hands while stitching.  My only complaints with that method are that it cannot be adjusted, can feel uncomfortably warm on my lap, and has no place to rest scissors, needle, thread, and thimble.  Minor complaints all, but I have two long-term handwork projects, so I made the leap and chalked it up to “taking care of myself.”

I toyed with the idea of modifying a pillow so that I could attach spools, scissors, and thread, but decided to go this route instead.  So far, I have really appreciated its flexibility, and it’s much more comfortable. 

We have had .64 inches of rain this week; 4.92 for the month!

 




No comments: