Monday, July 17, 2023

Group Project Finish, and Staying Cool



Last week I happily turned in this block to the group project coordinator.  It was definitely the most complex applique I have ever attempted, but at least I didn’t have to tackle it alone.  In addition to the friend who finished off the embroidery, another kindly helped me prep some of the more difficult shapes.

I have only to watch the news to know everyone is dealing with extreme weather.  So, I’m not indulging in a pity party when I report that every day since my last post we had highs over 100 degrees.  I’m only noting it here for my own future reference.  One day had a high of 111 degrees.  How are we dealing with the unrelenting heat?  Well, we went to a nice cool theater to watch the latest Indiana Jones movie one afternoon; and one day we had frozen yogurt for lunch.  Basically, it’s just trying to take it one day at a time. 

 


This is where you’ll find me most evenings for another week; watching recordings of the Tour de France and working on hexagons.




4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will be 100 here tomorrow too and we plan to go see the Indy movie! I am so looking forward to it - maybe we will go to Freddie's and have burgers and ice cream before we head home - ice cream sounds good.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I also meant to say I love your applique - it is a complex one for sure - I'm contemplating an applique project myself I have had the pattern for awhile and just never get started on it.

Linda said...

Your applique is exquisite! Nicely done. I like your idea of a cool theater and the frozen yogurt! I LOVE frozen yogurt, so thanks for the reminder. :D

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of applique! You were brave to tackle it.
I have seen a couple TX posts on Facebook with a bowl of ice that the shower runs through and fire coming out of the cold spigot. We don't usually get to 100 and I hope we won't this summer.