Sunday, July 30, 2023

New Project Bag


 


As much as I love my long-term projects, sometimes I just need to finish something.  When one of my Tuesday quilting friends showed up with a project bag she recently made, I had to make one too.  It was my first attempt at sewing in a double-pull zipper.  It was a lot of fun, and I’ve already started using it.

We are still in 100+ degree days and are predicted to remain so for a while.  According to the Austin station we watch, we are now at 22 plus consecutive days.  We had another AC scare last week.  Fortunately, only a capacitor needed replacing.  The AC guy who got here promptly the morning after we reported the problem continues to be my hero.

 In other news, an armadillo has adopted us.  I knew something was toppling my flower pots over during the night, but I didn't know if the culprit was an armadillo or a skunk.  Both dig holes in the yard.  I finally caught it in the act of trying to dig his way out of the yard while one of our dogs hovered a few inches away barking loudly.  Fortunately, he was right next to the gate and I was able to open it and give him a nudge with my foot to get his attention.  That’s when I learned that they make a nose between a grunt and a growl as they run away.

 

 



We live close enough to a pond to see a wide variety of dragon flies every year.  This one actually posed for me.


 



...and yet another frozen yogurt lunch.



…my “assistant” asleep on the job, again.

 


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad your A/C was an easy fast fix. We got a new unit going on 2 years this winter - so glad we replaced it I think the last 10 years before that we were needing the repair man out once or twice a year!

Linda said...

That is a pretty bag! I did not know armadillos made any sounds - lol! That's a pretty dragonfly. Yum on the yogurt - my cup would be piled high. ;) Hope you keep staying cool in the AC. It's hot up here too, but I think it's worse where you are. :(