Sunday, August 20, 2023

Retreat


How I have missed going to quilt retreats.  Today begins my first in two years.  Our guild is again sponsoring the event at the Compass Centre in Mt. Calm, Texas.  It’s about a three-hour drive, but I always love the time with my friends. 



This is one of the two projects I will be taking.  It is a Bonnie Hunter project called Maymont.  No triangles, but I’m glad I made one block and a corner unit before leaving.  I also grouped fabrics for more blocks and even cut additional fabric after realizing I did not have nearly enough.  This is a project I had started while prepping for another retreat when I thought I had cleared a wait-list.  At the last minute it didn’t work out.

Here's hoping I’m able to make progress on this and the other project I’m taking.  Also I'm hoping I won’t have to be strapped to the car’s roof with bungee cords.  There are three of us riding together.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun!

Linda said...

Good luck in not being strapped to the top of the car - lol! Have fun and stay cool. :)

Rajkumar singh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.