Friday, November 10, 2023

Something red this way comes...


 


When hubby decided he wanted to get a bigger television requiring a bigger piece of furniture to support it, my quilt ladder had to move.  No more excuses, I needed to change out the quilts.  This is an assortment of the red and mostly red quilts I have made over the last several years.  I was surprised when they went up to see that three of the five had been hand pieced using the English paper piecing method.  When I took that guild workshop with Mickey Depre in 2014, I never expected to use the technique again!  The quilt that came out of that retreat is the one at the top. 

 

The two at the bottom are also English paper pieced.  I am working on another EPP red and white quilt which can be added, if it is ever finished… Progress on it is exceedingly slow these days.

 


Much as I love spring, I think fall is becoming my favorite season, especially after the summer we had.  We’ve had an inch of rain in the last 48 hours and the high today did not get out of the 50s.  I treated myself to a chrysanthemum plant a few weeks ago and it is approaching its peak.

 


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your quilts on the ladder are so neat looking. I find hexie's addictive. My mums are reaching peak too - do you plant yours so they come back up in flower beds next year?

Linda said...

Love your quilt ladder, and the quilts are stunning! I'm so impressed that you have paper pieced quilts. I've only managed a pillow at this point. ;) That's a nice mum. Hubs and I have never had success growing mums, and we love seeing them at the nurseries, all grouped together. Glad you are having some decent weather!

Golden Star said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.