Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Season Moves Onward


Thanksgiving was wonderful, but the preparation, clean up and recovery from it has largely kept me out of the studio.  I have, however, been diligently working on my thimble/tumbler project in the evenings while “watching” television with my hubby.  Perhaps I should call it my “Formula1-baseball-college-and-pro-football-and-golf” quilt.  Anyway, here is what it currently looks like and I have six more rows that are waiting to be added.  After that, I’ll decide how much more I want to push forward on it.  It’s large enough now, that it’s no longer comfortable to work on in my lap.



I have also managed to launder, document and store the quilts I removed from my quilt ladder.



Two of my cacti are in bloom.

 




And Fred and Ethel, a mated pair of Egyptian geese, have returned for this year's acorn crop. 

 



3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad you are finally recovered from the Thanksgiving holiday - now get ready for Christmas! The quilt is looking great - I think my hexie quilt is getting to that stage too but I will persevere and make it queen size

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The thimble quilt is really pretty. Have you thought about how you will finish the edges? Trim or bind the angles?

Linda said...

Your thimble quilt is so pretty, and your Christmas cactus are gorgeous! Do Fred and Ethel belong to anyone? I'm so impressed with how you store your quilts.