Saturday, December 2, 2023

My Birthday Gift to Me


 


I have wanted better storage in my sewing room for a long, long time.  So, I used my recent (non-landmark) birthday as an excuse to order these two cabinets.  It took hubby and me all afternoon yesterday to put them together.  The assembly instructions consisted of a series of drawings with the only text being the much-repeated warning to delay totally tightening screws until all were in place.

 

Some “colorful metaphors” may have been were employed in the process.  Happily, we finally finished putting them together without destroying them in the process.  I was able to get an overloaded laundry basket of semi-sorted scraps off the floor of my stash closet and there is even some space left.  I also purchased the apothecary style chest sitting on top of them.  Almost all the furniture in my sewing room is now on rollers which is very handy.  At least one corner of the room is tidy.


4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm all for everything on rollers too. Those look like really handy cabinets.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks really good and as Wanda says it is good to have the rollers for easy moving when needed.

Astrid said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your new cabinets, very handy with rollers.

Linda said...

Don't we buy ourselves the best gifts? :D My husband thought the Husky was a great idea! Love both of them and the fact they are on wheels is excellent. The apothecary chest is perfect. "Colorful metaphors" indeed. When Hubs and I put things together, I'm surprised we are still married afterward. ;)