Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Season Is Moving Faster Than I Am


The Cynthia England project is about 76% pieced.  I discovered a bad wrinkle in the middle of a unit and had to correct it.  It was surrounded by so many intersecting seams that I ended up ripping out a portion and restitching using a hand applique stitch.    I’ve found that this project is so intense, that an hour passes before I realize it. 

 


Saturday, I attended a Christmas gathering at a friend’s new home, and took a peek in her stash closet.  I was blown away by how organized she is.  This certainly puts my own space to shame, but I am still working to improve that.

 


One of my amaryllis plants bloomed today.  It must be an over achiever because the packaging it came in said it would bloom in 8 weeks but it has only been 16 days.

 



2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think that is most of just keep plugging away at bits of organization and enjoying the results while diving into our projects. I'm happy to just keep the top of my sewing cabinet and a cutting table clear.
I finally have a bud peeking out of my amaryllis bulb that a sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. It took 2 1/2 weeks from the first watering. You definitely have a super star.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that color flower is the same one that I have blooming before any of the others. I only had it about 2 weeks before the others which most have even started to send up a bud still.
That intense project is more than I would want to do although I suppose some would say my NYB is intense at times too.
That closet is so organized - I'm wondering how many of those are projects already started? and how much is fabric to use? I wish I had a large closet like that to use.