Sunday, November 19, 2023

The State of ...

...the Cynthia England project.  

I’ve delayed posting progress on the Cynthia England piece I am working on because it is moving so slowly and doesn’t lend itself to being photographed while in process.

 


Here is a picture from the pattern. 

 


And, here is the largest completed section of what I have done.  Some of the freezer paper templates must be left in place until units are joined together, and I’m afraid to try to do a better job pressing it for fear that I might loose some of them.  So, it looks pretty sloppy.

The instructions divide the project into 25 units that have pieces approximately totaling 400. I have pieced 16 units with approximately 255 pieces, so about 64% of the piecing is done. 

 It’s a real struggle to keep working on this as the busyness of the holidays approaches and I hear the call of other, less intense, projects.  I’m trying to focus all of my machine-work time on this because I’m pretty sure if I set it aside, it will never be finished.

Meanwhile, I will be getting the house ready for the Thanksgiving meal Thursday.  I have dates with the vacuum, dust cloth and mop.  Hubby brought home an 18-pound turkey for the four of us.  I was relieved to find that it fits (just barely) in my largest pan.  Julia will bring dessert and has volunteered to make the gravy (but she’s bringing store-brought gravy as a backup).

 I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.  I know I have much to be thankful for.


3 comments:

Linda said...

Your Cynthia England piece is looking gorgeous!
We have a 21 lb turkey for 9 adults, so I'm hoping we'll have enough left over for sandwiches, which is the star of the show for me - lol! Enjoy your time with loved ones. :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The amount you have finished is looking good. What an accomplishment it will be to finish it.

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope all your plans work out for the dinner.

Riobet said...

I appreciate the clarity and conciseness of your writing.