Monday, February 5, 2024

Progress Paused




Quilting on my log cabin project has come to a halt while I wait for the arrival of more thread.  This was a brand-new spool that I received as a sample.  I thought it would be enough but checked Superior’s site to be sure that more was available if needed.  I’m glad I did.  I usually avoid variegated threads, especially on projects made with reproduction fabrics, but I like the way this blends in.  It’s a King Tut thread called Nefertiti.



Meanwhile, I took advantage of a perfect weather day last Wednesday and drove to a quilt shop in Llano for an outing.  I got to catch up with a friend, learned about a monthly group I might consider joining and, of course, came home with some goodies.  The flowers were a gift from my daughter.

 


3 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that thread I don't use King Tut much anymore but still have some in the stash of thread. Glad you are able to order what you need.

Linda said...

I have a small cone of Nefertiti that came with my longarm - saving it for just the right project. I love Superior's variegated threads! Your trip sounds like fun. What kind of monthly group? I keep thinking I'd benefit from a class or group at my LQS but so far nothing has caught my eye. I bet your flowers smelled good!