Friday, January 14, 2011

Bound, Labeled, Done


I almost always do my own quilting.  On two occasions, however, I chose to call on the services of a professional long arm quilter because of a project’s complexity.  This quilt is one of those two.  It is a spiral lone star (though in the case of my quilt, it's hard to see the star outline) adapted from a design by Judith Krentz. 

I had the opportunity to participate in a sew-in at the local quilt store last year.  All of us worked on quilts using this design.  Because we adapted the pattern rather than following the exact design, some of the templates had to be hand drafted.  This was definitely a stretch for me and I would never have attempted it without the encouragement of the more experienced quilters in the group.  The quilt came back from the quilter last weekend and I finished the binding last night.  I’ve named it “Spiraling Out of Control.”

Here is a close-up of some of Angela's quilting.  She quilts really pretty feathers.

3 comments:

Diane said...

The quilt is glorious. You must be so pleased!

Judy D in WA said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Both you and your quilter did awesome!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It was worth all of the effort, it's beautiful!