Monday, April 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday -- 04/18/2011

The collection of blocks from my Wisconsin purchased kit is growing slowly:  only eight more to go.  This is not the final layout; it’s just they way they went up when I pulled them out of their project box.  Since I will pick up my next installment for the Civil War Chronicles quilt this week, work on these blocks will probably have to halt for a while. 

As I work on these, I’ve been pondering what quilting motif I want to use.  I have a new pantograph that would work, but I would like to do something different.  Any ideas or links to possible examples would be greatly appreciated.  The blocks will finish at 15 inches and the design does not call for sashings or borders.  Also, what thread color….decisions, decisions.

Monday is my favorite day to look at quilt blogs because of all the design wall links at Patchwork Times.  Check them out!

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

these are great blocks...
LOVE the colors!
thanks for sharing.
Kathie

Quilter Kathy said...

I love these blocks and especially how they are all the same pattern but each one looks so different!

Gari in AL said...

My favorite and frequent go to thread is a silver/light gray that tends to blend with almost everything. And for me, I would do a panto/overall because the quilt will already be quite busy. I like to do flowing feathers or circles on quilts that show lots of straight edges as it seems to soften the quilt. I really like the blocks and the colors.