Thursday, April 21, 2011

Whew!

April is an extremely busy time for us, and although this year has been no exception, it has proved to be a much lighter one than the recent past.  I had another catch up day today and it gave me a chance to send out greeting cards on behalf of our church's Congregational Care Committee; enjoy a massage, my first in many months; and put together this mid-week post. 

Here are the blocks I completed last weekend during our monthly Dear Jane (Dear Jane ® -- is the registered trademark of Brenda Papadakis)  Club meeting at the local quilt store.  They are B-9, Tinker Toy; B-5, Hot Cross Buns; B-3, Mirror Image; and B-6, Wild Goose Chase.  I hoped to have no fabric repeats, but discovered that despite a system I devised to prevent them, some have already occurred.  This is partially the result of batiks having significant color variations within the same cut, and I probably will not re-do the blocks.  I have some very kind quilting friends who continue to give me batik remnants for use in this project.

No comments: