Monday, February 27, 2012

At Work on Dear Jane® Blocks and Wall Quilt

Once I started working on Dear Jane® blocks last week, I decided to keep on going.  If you use the numbering method in Brenda Papadakis’ book these are B-10, Jud’s Trophy; B-12, Starflower; B-8, Water Lily; and B-11, Melissa’s Cross.   I confess I have given myself permission to cheat on some of these blocks so as to get better results.  Jane Stickle’s Water Lily block was pieced with lots of inset seams.  I elected to applique the entire block.

I still have lots of batik scraps from the bag that was gifted to me.  So, maybe I’ll have more to check off my totals soon.



My Hearts Abloom wall quilt is now a flimsy.  I’m debating how to quilt it.  Right now my intention is to do it on my Janome rather than make a trip to the ranch.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Your Dear Jane blocks are so cute! I have just started my DJ journey and I couldn't be happier about it. I think it is just perfect that you are making the blocks to suit you.