The housework beckoned, the Jane Stickle blocks were demanding attention and there are full laundry hampers. So what did I do during our nice rainy weekend? I stitched up a fun wall quilt kit I purchased in
. It shouldn’t have taken nearly as long as it did, but I experimented with machine binding and had to do some unsewing before I was ready to call it finished. Madison
Usually I don’t enjoy the scary side of Halloween, but this little guy looked so cheerful at a vendor’s booth at the Quilt Expo he just had to come home with me. The kit shorted me on some of the orange cuts. Fortunately, I had orange remnants in my stash, so no worries.
I also sandwiched my Christmas wall hanging quilt and it is ready for quilting on my Janome.
Finally, I am ashamed to confess that there was very little progress on Jane Stickle blocks in September. These are the three I completed.
I now have 83 center blocks of 169 completed. I did spend some time Sunday kitting up more blocks and I have one ready for hand applique. Progress.