Friday, August 2, 2013

Jane Stickle Block Progress

It has been a while since I blogged.  Life happens.  The sewing room was dismantled for a visit from one of our grandsons…a joyful life happening.  A crown broke, a less joyful event though not a painful one.  I had to scramble to find a dentist who could schedule me for major work on short notice and accept my insurance.  We finally drove 100 miles to the dentist our daughter works for.  

Today I will re-mantle my sewing room…is that the reverse of dismantling it?…and try to regain a sense of normalcy. 


Here are the Jane Stickle blocks I completed in July.  The empty spot is for a block I will have to re-do.  I accidentally trimmed it to size before adding the 
applique pieces.  I don’t want to do the handwork and then find after rinsing out the basting glue that it is not large enough.  I think I will use the discarded block as the basis for a small pincushion. 


I either have three of the remaining 169 center blocks to complete or four.  Based on last month’s count, I should have four.  Based on the Excel spreadsheet I use to keep track of my progress, I only have three.  I will check on this further this week or next.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful blocks. You have such perseverance to stick with this project.That alone is a wonderful accomplishment.....not to say that the blocks are beautiful on their own!
No fun with the crown...but glad it was fixable.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

glad to see a post from you again and glad to hear your tooth is back in order again. Your Jane blocks are beautiful....I agree with Debbie....you and all the ladies making Jane Stickle's blocks deserve a standing ovation! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray! (Well I wasn't standing but you get the idea...haha)

Exuberant Color said...

Wow, you are almost done. Batiks are probably the wisest choice for those small blocks.

Hilachas said...

I'm glad the "tooth situation" got fixed and you can return to regular activities. Congratulations on doing so will on your DJ. I am so jealous. All I completed in July was H-7. I know what you mean about trying to keep track with the Excel spreadsheet. I'm always coming up with different numbers from what I think I had and so forth...

Jo said...

Beautiful DJ blocks and progress! Love them in batiks and hand dyes. Good to be re-mantled, your tooth too! ;D