Thursday, August 22, 2013

More Fun Mail

No question about it.  August 2013 has gotten off to a challenging start and the pace of my quilting and blogging, by necessity, has slowed.  Despite dealing with a number of urgent events, however, there have been some really bright spots.  Carol at Mamacjt  provided one of those.  She is an artist in several media including fiber and I have really enjoyed reading her posts ever since I stumbled across her blog.  I contacted her about a question about a week ago and we struck up an email correspondence.  

Her artwork frequently employs whimsy or, in some instances, laugh-out-loud humor.  Most recently she has been working on illustrated envelopes which travel through the postal system to brighten the day of their recipients.  Here is the one she sent me this week. 


Thank you so much, Carol, for making my day.  And, yes, I really am a fan.  If you visit Carol’s blog, you can see many examples of her work that will make you smile.  


2 comments:

Debbie said...

How absolutely adorable. I just checked out Carol's blog.....such a delightful talent. Thanks for sharing. Hope all your downs go up and things are bright again.

Impera Magna said...

What a cute mouse! That definitely would brighten up someone's day....

I wonder why life seems to get busier and busier? I thought things were supposed to slow down as we grew older...