Sunday, April 27, 2014

Only a Little Sewing Last Week

We've had a lot of “just life stuff” on our plate this week.  Some was fun like hosting the AARP volunteers who worked with Bob during tax season.  Others were less fun including a series of medical visits and trips to the country to start the bidding process on making the ranch house habitable again.  All of them were worth the investment in time and effort, but they sure cut into my quilting time.  


I managed to glue baste the applique pieces to 12 center blocks for the Jill Finley quilt.  There are 4 more blocks and two borders still needing to be prepped for handwork.  I could just work on the ones that are ready, but I want to clear off the table in the sewing room so I can resume machine quilting my split nine-patch.  


I tried to listen to movies while prepping the blocks, but the long, repetitive commercial breaks eventually got to me.  I finally set up my iPad so I could enjoy some commercial free videos from the web.  This is one of the ones available from the PBS series “Call the Midwife.”

3 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your quilt is looking gorgeous!

Vicky said...

That quilt is stunning! I'll have to go searching for the pattern! It really is gorgeous!

O'Quilts said...

wonderful quilt...and I love "Call the Midwife"