Monday, January 19, 2015

A Semi-Successful Experiment

For a time after the holidays, the gloves I use when free motion quilting were MIA.  They had been tucked away in a very logical place when the sewing room was dismantled to make room air mattresses. Problem is, much of the time my brain is not that logical and I was losing a lot of quilting time while I searched.  I was beginning to panic until I remembered a tip from a lecture at Quilt Festival about using sheets of shelf liner instead of gloves and for a time that’s what I did.  The shelf liner sheets work, but they are definitely not my favorite.  Fortunately, my gloves eventually surfaced.  

While at the grocery store this morning, I found these $2 lightweight gardening gloves.  They will be my next experiment.  I've seen other bloggers talk about using them, and at that price I may pick up several more pairs if I like them.  It's not always easy to find the made-for-quilting variety locally.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Shelf liner....good trick! I also keep a pair of regular sponges in my drawer as a back up in case my gloves go into hiding. They work but I do prefer my machinger gloves! And I think the garden gloves would work if they fit well enough.