Sunday, January 18, 2015

Multitasking?


Frequently when I begin to do handwork, Maddie insists on hopping into my lap and snuggling down.  I love my handwork and I love my lap dog, so I’m learning to enjoy both at once.  I know this picture looks a little scary.  When I’m really stitching and not trying to juggle a camera in one hand and posed stitching in the other, my hands are resting on a small box of sewing notions or lap desk between my stitching hand and Maddie.  So, the real danger is that my sewing stuff will go flying when she shifts positions, not her getting poked with a needle.  I’m linking up with Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.  She challenged us to include a picture of our hands today.  Click on the link to see what other busy hands are up to.

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

That is hilarious Mary! What a great photo of a dog who wants to get in on the Slow Sunday Stitching!
Thanks for sharing!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I thought it was hard enough to snap a pic with one hand but with a dog on my lap I know things would have gone flying! I think it is funny how our pets are jealous for our attention!

CathieJ said...

Stitching and a cozy dog....sounds perfect to me.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Taking a picture with one hand is difficult enough, but with a dog on your lap ... you've got mad skillz, girl!

Quilting Stories said...

What a funny way to hand stitch! Have a great week Mary!