Saturday, November 26, 2016

Playing With Scraps Again


I’ve been dumpster diving at retreats and the Club House; begging, purchasing, and swapping, remnants with friends; and diving into my own stash.  Time to get busy making some more bow tie blocks.  Here’s what I have so far. 


The hardest part of making these units is trying to figure out how to press the seams.  I thought I had it sorted out by twirling seams so they would nest.  Then I laid two blocks side by side according to the pattern only to find that results in a very bumpy join.  I think the best solution will be to press seams open.  The bow tie units finish at 2 inches.


4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love your colorful bow ties. I haven't made that pattern yet. Have been thinking about my next leader ended project. I've been doing broken dishes in two sizes 3.5 and 4.5 unfinished. I probably should count how many I have and decide on the total amount needed. I'll use any excuse to sew!!!

Debbie said...

2"???? I wouuld be insane by now...lol. I would love to contribute some fabrics to this.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow those are some tiny units! I made a bow tie quilt once and some in it were 6 inches and some were 3 inches

O'Quilts said...

bow tie has always been on my to do list...I love yours.