Sunday, November 13, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching



My goal is to have the binding finished on this quilt by Wednesday so I’ll have a project for Show and Share at our Guild meeting.  It’s going to be a push, so there may be some binge TV watching in my future.  If I feel like I'm stressing my hands too much, though, the project will have to wait for another meeting.



After an extremely wet start to November, the days have turned sunny and pleasantly cool.  The insects have been going bonkers over the blooms on our bottle brush plants.  I was surprised to see this shot captured a bee in flight as well as the butterfly I was aiming for.  They were both after the same blooms and the bee kept pestering the butterfly.  I noticed that she was not in the least intimidated and stood her ground.


Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday today.

Slow Sunday Stitching

7 comments:

Karen said...

Binding for me is not the most fun part of quilting but oh so good to take the last stitch and have a quilt done.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm going to be working on binding this week too

CathieJ said...

Enjoy your binding and keep your hands healthy. Love the butterfly/bee picture.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great picture! Binding is one of my favourite parts of making a quilt! Have fun stitching today

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great photo! I would frame that one!
Enjoy your binding... it's my favourite!

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

Wonderful to see a monarch! I think that I only had one all summer this year.

Deb A said...

What a beautiful shot and so lucky to get both the butterfly and the bee. Take lots of breaks and don't over work the hands.