Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Since I Last Posted


The quilting highlight of my past few weeks was most definitely my visit to the International Quilt Festival in Houston.  It was physically exhausting, financially costly and emotionally draining and altogether wonderful.  It dished up equal amounts of inspiration and humility, and I hope I will get to go again.

The adventure began with just getting to the hotel entrance.  It seems the final World Series game was just a few city blocks away and the streets were crammed with fans and television crews. 

We were fortunate to be in one of the hotels attached to the George R. Brown Convention center and once in, I did not have to venture outside again until it was time to leave. 

There is no way my photography would do justice to what I saw.  This link will take you to the Festival web site where there are pictures of some of the winners.

In other quilty activity…

A friend has had to take an interim position at our church due to the sudden death of a staff member.  She asked me to help her complete a Christmas tree skirt she had promised to her son.  The pattern she gave me was really for a table topper.  I used the traced templates she provided and made the topper from my own stash before I had the courage to cut into her fabric.



This is how her tree skirt turned out after I enlarged the templates she provided.



And, then I made one for me using the only fabric purchase I made at Quilt Festival.




Winter weather has arrived in the Texas Hill Country.  Fortunately, we had no road issues here, but our rain chain is frozen this morning.


Tuesday is usually the day I go out and sew with friends.  I decided to enjoy my nice cozy house instead.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I loved that quilt show - I didn't go this year but I did a couple years ago and loved it - I didn't like the traffic though but hubby did the driving -

Debbie said...

Sounds like a big event to live thru ....lol. That is really exciting to know you went and spent and survived. We are in deep freeze here as well. But hang on, things go back to normal next week. Glad all is well.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

We went to the Dallas show last year and it was expensive, but I was so disappointed that I won't go again. I really want to do Houston one more time - maybe next year! Glad you are home safe and not sick! Hugs