Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Scrappy Top




I finally got around to stitching the last two seams and pressing this finished top.  Hopefully I will be able to find fabric in my stash to use as a backing. 

 

I was inspired to start this project because Julie at “Me and My Quilts” Blog was making a similar quilt.  It provided the type of mindless stitching I was craving at the time.  Although I dove deeply into my scrap collection, I can’t tell it made it any smaller.

 


Our July 4th holiday was a blast.  Julia and Aidan decorated our golf cart and rode in the neighborhood parade.  Bob and I found a place to park in the shade and took folding chairs so we could enjoy watching the fun.  Then we grilled hamburgers and played cards until time to find a spot on a hill where we could watch the city’s fireworks display. 

 


Summer has really set in and we are expecting water restrictions to be implemented soon.

 

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Acceptance of one’s life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle.  On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices. –Paul Tournier

 

 


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think you are a little hotter than us and for a longer spell. Hopefully next week we will cool off the low to mid 90's it will be welcome after the 100's all week. At least it has not been humid