Saturday, July 23, 2022

Messy But Fun!


Thursday, I attended my first quilt workshop in a very long time.  Timna Tarr, a quilter and artist from Massachusetts, gave a trunk show and taught us how she makes string quilt blocks. She currently has her Noble Menagerie collection on display at the Texas Quilt Museum.

My Blocks

I made a string quilt several years ago, so I probably won’t launch into one immediately.  But it was a fun day with friends and lots of inspiration.  Unlike some workshops I've attended, there was no sense of having to hurry in order to keep up with the group.  Timna’s website has lots of inspiration.

 

Everyone's Blocks

After collecting all the blocks made in class, she walked us through her process for designing a layout for a scrappy quilt that has a cohesive feel.

 

Our Messy Table

I'm pretty sure my table (shared with a friend) was the second messiest in the room.

 

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Don’t try to understand everything, because sometimes it is not meant to be understood, but to be accepted. –Unknown

 

 


2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that string block pattern - I have many strings and one day i was thinking of making one like that.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love your saying! It is so true - Accept it and go forward if one cannot do anything to change the problems.
I love your string quilt! Late again in posting a comment! Hugs and hope Hubby is mending well.