Saturday, August 13, 2022

Sometimes a Detour is Necessary


I belong to a small group of quilters that mostly focuses on applique and other handwork projects.  We have had a very difficult time resuming our monthly meetings.  First came Covid and two years of waiting.  Then, when we began to venture out, many of our members could no longer host the group in their homes due to changed circumstances.  Hopefully, we have found a solution in a community room at a local restaurant.  We can use the room for free provided we order lunch.

Our first decision was to make a group quilt for donation to the February Guild silent auction, and I was one of the members tasked with doing a portion of the applique.  I had been so involved with other types of handwork that it took me a while to find all my tools and get into the rhythm of this kind of prep and stitching. 

So, for about a week, my other projects took a rest.  Here is the result of my part of the project.  It will be a small quilt and the applique is simple because we wanted to finish it in time to get it quilted.  The design came from one of Kim Diehl's books and the fabric was donated by our members.



Now, back to my regularly scheduled projects.

 

Acceptance -- My 2022 Word

 

Perhaps one reason we are fascinated by cats is because such a small animal can contain so much independence, dignity, and freedom of spirit.  Unlike the dog, the cat’s personality is never bet on a human’s.  He demands acceptance on his own terms. –Loyd Alexander

 

 


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when I belonged to several quilts group one met at a church in their community room for no fee and the group met at the senior center and we all paid a dollar if we attended they had a big room