Monday, January 15, 2024

A Good Day to Sew


I am so happy there is no situation so important that I have to leave the house today.  Yesterday the high was in the mid-20s.  We woke up to 18 degrees this morning…not nearly so bad as some of my blogger friends are dealing with.  We were also fortunate that the icy precipitation missed us and the power grid (so far) is holding.  It is definitely a wear-fuzzy-socks-all-day kind of day.  Tomorrow is expected to be just as cold and my Tuesday sewing group is skipping a week.



I quilted the Cynthia England project over the weekend and finished binding and labeling it today.  I used a small meander to quilt it with invisible thread on top and a light neutral on the bottom.   



It’s time to retire this jar filled with orts from my handwork.  It looks like it is filled with geological strata, and represents 2-3 years of stitching.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes it is one of these weeks where you just want to stay home and stay warm I won't leave the house until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest I bet.
I love how your flowery block turned out - that was so much work involved.

Linda said...

Your Cynthia England piece is just breathtaking! What size is it?
I couldn't get warm yesterday afternoon, so I got up and reorganized my yarn - lol! I love winter weather, but I am actually looking forward to above freezing temps tomorrow,

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you have hung your bluebonnet piece somewhere in your house so you will see it every day. It was a great accomplishment to finish it.