Monday, January 8, 2024

It's Pieced


I finished stitching the last long seams in the Cynthia England project on Saturday, removed the pattern pieces and began giving it a good steam pressing.  But several errors popped up immediately when I got a good look at it.  I had used a wrong fabric in the lower left corner as well as a few other areas.  One of the flower stems disappeared into nothing while the join for the other was messed up.  The bottom border was wonky.  So, work continued to correct these problems.  Given the intricate piecing, I mostly removed the pieces with wrong fabric and reverse appliqued them with the correct fabric.

Not Good

I think the piecing may finally be finished.  At least it looks much better to me.

Better


My cactus with red blooms and my orchid have started making a show.  It is such a treat to see blooms in January.






Last Thursday, Bob killed a copperhead snake on our front sidewalk.  This was rather unexpected given the temperature was in the mid-50s.  We think it was probably disturbed when Bob removed a Christmas decoration from the flowerbed. 

Today was National Clean Your Desk Day.  I think I may need an intervention.  Anyway, I'll be working to improve the situation this week.  

 



3 comments:

Linda said...

I can see the difference in your before and after photos of that beautiful piece - I'm amazed at how you straightened it out!
Wow on the copperhead! We've only seen a couple snakes since we've been here, just garden variety. I don't miss copperheads and water moccasins which we used to see when we lived in south Texas.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a lovely piece - are they to be bluebells? I haven't seen a copperhead in several years

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Cynthia England piece turned out so well. Really pretty.
Yes, January indoor blooms are so welcome. The orchid blooms last a long time.
I think we mostly have garden snakes in this area but I have never seen one on my property in the 51 years that I have lived here. It would probably end my gardening days if I did see one.