Monday, January 22, 2024

Kind of a Messed Up Week


Thursday and Saturday were two “lost” days filled with lots of running around and decision making.  Friday and Sunday ended up being recovery days during which I tried to rest and catch up on some of the household chores I would normally have already done.  Consequently, the only sewing related activity was prep work getting the backing and batting prepared and pin basted for the next project to be quilted. 



A friend actually asked for the jar of orts I showed in my last post.  She plans to incorporate them into a contraption she is putting together to supply birds with nest making materials. I was happy to oblige.

In the last 48 hours we have received .87 inches of much appreciated rain with a possibility for more tonight and tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!

 


3 comments:

Linda said...

Those log cabins are really pretty. Yay for the "orts" going to a new home! Hope you get some more rain. You got exactly what I recorded for the day yesterday after getting ice the night before.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always know we need the rain but we usually get too much all at once and I wish it would be slower soaking in rain.
Neat quilt

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to hear you are getting rain. A little at a time is best. We are expecting rain too...on top of 12" of snow on the ground.