Sunday, April 28, 2024

Stash Maintenance, A Show, and a UFO




While I ponder what I will do while Maymont is in timeout, I busied myself with cutting odd sized scraps from stash into usable two-inch squares.  These scraps came from a variety off sources including a 16-pound bag I blogged about January 25, 2017.  I found the process somewhat cathartic.


 

I also pulled out a UFO from an applique workshop I had with Becky Goldsmith in July, 2016.  It’s time to move forward with it (or not) and empty the project box.  The workshop was on needle-turn applique, but prepared edge applique is my preferred method now and I will be using it.

 




We had .59 inches of rain this morning, but fortunately, it held off yesterday and a nearby quilt club was able to hold its first open-air quilt show.  It was breezy, but pleasant.  I got to visit with a lot of my quilty friends.




3 comments:

Linda said...

Sometimes cutting fabric is just the ticket, right? Glad you got rain but were still able to get out with quilty friends!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad the rain held off for that quilt show

Astrid said...

You've been busy cutting squares. It feels good getting it done, doesn't it? Your applique quilt looks like a beauty, hope you feel for finishing it. Pretty quilts at the quilt show, good the weather behaved.