Friday, April 5, 2024

More Red and White



I’ve been fussy cutting some of the new fabrics I found on our trip to South Texas, and another row is ready to be added to my red and white thimble/tumbler project. 


 

While I was sewing with my Tuesday group, I spied this remnant in the scrap bin next to the cutting table.  Of course, I had to pick it up as well.  The motif is too large for my templates, but the colors are right so I don’t have to do any fussy cutting.  I guess you could say I have no shame.

 The big news in our part of the world is the eclipse Monday.  Our area will have 4 plus minutes of totality.  For weeks we have been urged to fill our gas tanks by Wednesday this week, stockpile several days of meals, and expect interruptions in cell and internet service.  Our hotels and camping sites have been booked up for months and local authorities are warning about traffic jams.  Schools will be closed.  Now they tell us the weather forecast is for clouds and possibly thunder storms.  It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

 


4 comments:

Astrid said...

Your red and white tumbler quilt is coming along nicely. It's so pretty. I've heard about the eclipse and know it's not visible in this part of the world. My gosh, all that craze for an eclipse!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I heard Texas might have bad weather - I hope it doesn't ruin it all for you. We too will get the 4+ minutes of totality and so far they say the weather will hold out good until Monday night. We too were warned to get our groceries in advance, gas up the car etc. I wonder if it was all needed but someone posted a photo of our Wal-Mart and they are out of milk and most dairy -I guess there was a rush to the store - I'm glad I went yesterday

Linda said...

Isn't it crazy about the eclipse! The NWS has forecast discussions specifically for the eclipse, and they say only about 10% chance of no cloud cover. We've got our glasses ready just in case. Schools in our area will be open but they are excusing families who wish to keep their kids home Monday.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like IL and IN will have the clearest sky Monday although still partly cloudy. The forecast may all change again tonight on the weather segment.