Sunday, March 31, 2024

A Small Finish and Wildflowers


This afternoon I finished a quilt carrier.  I had admired a similar carrier that a friend made and decided I had to have one too.  I used batting and fabric that had been “maturing” in my stash for years.  The batting is not my preferred type for quilts and I really wanted to use it up.  As I considered the fabric and batting to be “sunk” costs, the only expense in this project was for the dowel that was cut into two lengths for the handles, less than $4.  Maybe I’ve satisfied the bag-making bug for a while and can resume work on my quilting projects.

 


We took a country drive today in order to see the wildflowers.  While the El Nino weather system this year has resulted in more moisture in the ground and more blooms, it has not been robust enough to recharge our aquifers and lakes.  But right now, the countryside is especially pretty.  The pictures below came from our excursion.

 







And, happy Easter.


2 comments:

Linda said...

What gorgeous photos! How thankful you must be to live in Hill Country and see such vistas of wildflowers. We have a few bluebonnets here in far north Texas but nothing like the displays farther south.
That is a really cool quilt bag! I am LOL over "batting and fabric that had been maturing” :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that bag would make a good tote for the knitters/crocheters out there the wildflowers are so pretty - what part of Texas is referred to as the hill country I'm not sure. I'm familiar with the coastal area of Houston as hubs lived there at the end of high school many years ago and with the Dallas area as I have been through there a bit over the years.