Monday, March 18, 2024

Happy to be Home...Ahhh...Chooo!

 

Last week was our annual trip to visit with family in South Texas.  It was a good visit, except for both of us coming home with colds.  I expect to be laying low this week so as not to share it with others.  I did test negative for Covid.  

Unlike previous years, I did not take my machine for hotel stitching.  Instead, I only took handwork and managed to baste 100+ tumblers for my red and white quilt.

 


There was also a brand-new H*L* close to the hotel, so a little retail therapy happened both there and at a vendor’s booth at the Don-Wes Flea Market in Donna. 

 


My loot included a coffee mug, thread catcher for the chair I use while watching TV, a project box and several cuts of novelty fabrics for inclusion in my tumbler quilt.  After I got home, I realized that the red print was a duplicate I had purchased a previous year, sigh.

Yesterday we received a very welcome 1/2 inch of rain and today is breezy and cool.  I made an absolutely unavoidable quick trip to the grocery store this morning and am settling in to work on projects between sneezes.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those are some great novelty fabrics. It looks like you have enough tumblers for a couple rows on my quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those tumblers - get over your cold fast! glad it wasn't more than that!

Linda said...

Nice loot! Glad you are home but sorry about the sniffling. Yay on the rain! Love those tumblers.