Monday, March 4, 2024

A Close Up of Sorts


Wanda suggested that I share a picture of the quilting I did on the log cabin quilt. 

 


I decided to go with a small edge-to-edge meander using a King Tut variegated thread called Nefertiti on top, and a neutral thread on the backing.  I’ve started using pre-wound bobbins as much as possible because I seem to be jinxed when it comes to using the bobbin winder that came with my Capri.  It took a little tinkering to get the tension between the two threads right, but I managed.


 

My patio pansies have been putting on a show for us this week.  The pink flamingos are sentimental keepsakes from a surprise birthday party a few years ago.


4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see why it took 11 hours to do the quilting with that small meander. With those little 4 1/2" blocks it was the right choice.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks good.

Linda said...

Your quilting is beautiful! I like King Tut variegated thread. I've never tried a pre-wound bobbin but sounds like a great idea. I love your patio garden and container! Those flamingos are adorable and look great with the pretty pansies.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog